Saturday, June 27, 2009

Michael Jackson and the child in me


Of course I'm writing a post about Michael Jackson because for a French girl like me, he has been very important in my discovery of America's culture and language. The reason I'm bilingual isn't that I studied English at a language school or that my parents are native english speaker. As a matter of fact, they don't speak a word of English and I've never been to a specialize school.


I'm bilingual because of my early love for American entertainment. Passion is the key of fast learning. And passion, when you're young, starts with songs, images, celebrities.

The reason why I'm shocked by his sudden death is because I never imagined him dead, because he was a child all his life and children don't die.
He's part of my childhood and became almost a fictionnal character. It's the same feeling as the one I felt when I was told the country house where I grew up has been sold and completely renovated. It's over. It doesn't exist anymore, only inside of me.

His soul was overflowing his body.
We are all fragile, dependant on images, legends, to balance reality.


I love our vulnerability, and his. I loved him.


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely way of celebrating who Michael really was. You are quite eloquent in your speech and I love your writing style.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete